Sunday, May 3, 2020

My Son's First Blog

It is so nice to see the art of the violin continuing on in the family. My daughter started it when she was younger but as with most children learning the violin(*me included), it doesn't take much to lose interest. I did for many years at the same age so keeping fingers crossed that Thomas won't lose too much interest. I think the key is NOT pushing. My Dad pushed me but it was a two way street. I was not interested in playing for a while because I think I was forced to practice, which didn't make it fun anymore.
So with Thomas, I am going to take it slow, give him plenty of space to choose what to practice and when for the most part and simply make it as enjoyable as I can.
Having said that, here is a  link to his first official post of his progression on his own blog.

https://thomastheyankeechef.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR2ArWM7dcWl2rEaEzM8kHMS_IUWSWWBo9h9-Uj01KG-7Qh_F-iJSlBZn7k


No comments: