Wednesday, April 27, 2022

My Son Thomas.....Once Again!

 I know, I know. Too much of a good thing kind of gets tiring after a while. But I truly would like to add one more post about my son Thomas and his violin playing.


I am so tickled that he is doing such a tremendous job on the violin. Although his first love is the good, old fashioned double stop jigs of yesteryear, he is excelling very rapidly with his classical training. He is now the proud student of Lynn Brubaker, who is the assistant concert master for the Bangor Symphony Orchestra. Thomas loves her and I am very glad for this opportunity, although it bothers me somewhat having someone else assist me in teaching my son the violin. But she has truly been instrumental in his development. 
            Thomases Grandfather

He just also wrapped up his first concert with the Bangor Symphony Youth Orchestra. Although he didn't care to be in the third row(with questions still lingering as to why he was placed there in the beginning)he absolutely adored being part of a real orchestra and is very excited about joining again in the fall.

His accomplishments keep piling up as well. He is a very proud member of fiddlerman.com and has learned a great deal from Pierre, not to mention the great comradery of the members who have helped him with his fiddlin'. He has participated in the past Christmas group project  with Pierre as well and looks forward to a long-lasting friendship with everyone on this site. I urge all of you to at least pay a visit and check it out. Here is the link to White Christmas, the group project. Can you spot Thomas? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSTrFtP_Dg&feature=youtu.be

Thomas has also appeared on television twice as America's ONLY 6th generation violinist, which is the pinnacle of my pride. https://www.foxbangor.com/news/item/10-year-old-continues-violinist-tradition-for-a-6th-generation/ 

My father, grandfather and so on would be absolutely thrilled that another generation has picked up the violin, especially the same fiddle as his great grandfather once owned. Thomas also has his own youtube channel, with the link here....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKI-_r2GB9HQXDMdHQlq1Mw

I could go on and on but will refrain for the time being. Suffice it to say, I am very proud of this young man and the dedication he has put into his everyday practice, all the while keeping up with his school work and baseball practice. 

                                                       Here is Thomas with his beloved great great aunt Marion.


He will also be attending the MSYM this year. Now get this. Back in 1972, I was with the very first music ensemble at the Maine State Youth Music festival at the same age my son is. He will be doing it exactly 50 years from the day I played with the same group. https://umaine.edu/spa/msym/?fbclid=IwAR3nb1_tjN0IX_kuF169BEUbF4b2jD_0ZqbHRcaj3P5WfFzlfJDXHidgFh0



1 comment:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

You keep on bragging about that outstanding and talented son of yours!! Nothing wrong with that :) Congrats to him and wishing him continued success with his awesome self!!